How to download TikTok for PC
TikTok has quickly become one of the world’s largest social media platforms; focusing mainly on allowing aspiring musical artists to share their work through short videos. It also gives its users a chance to discover and connect directly with each other to open up the possibilities for collaboration with other artists as well as simply growing their own fanbase. While it is designed to work with both iOS and Android devices, it would be convenient to use on a computer. Whether you’re trying to learn how to download TikTok for Windows or Mac, we’ve got you covered with this guide.
If you’re using a Windows PC and want to download TikTok to your computer, you’re in luck. While the TikTok app is not meant to run on PC, there is a very easy way to get around this design restriction. Check out our guide below to see how you can download TikTok for your laptop or desktop right now!
How to download TikTok for PC
For Windows Users
The solution to this is an Android emulator program, and one of the most popular and useful ones out there is called Bluestacks. Once you download and install Bluestacks, you’ll be able to not only use TikTok on your laptop or desktop, but most other Android-based apps as well! We’ve put together a complete guide to help you download TikTok for PC today.
- Download and install the Bluestacks Android emulator here by clicking on the “Download” button from the main page of their website. Note: It will automatically recognize your computer’s operating system and select the correct version for you to download. Once you’ve downloaded and installed the program, go ahead and open it up.
- You will be asked to log in to your Google Play accoun
Once you’ve linked your account, go to the search bar and type in “TikTok.” Once you’ve found it in the Google Play store, download and install it.
Wait for the installation to finish. Once it has, you should be able to find the TikTok program on your computer’s desktop or from the Start button. Go ahead and start it up and you’re ready to go.
For Mac users
If you’re using a Mac, you can try the same method as described above to download TikTok for Mac. You’ll still want to go through the Bluestacks emulator to create the proper runtime environment, so things are not too different.
- Go ahead and install the Bluestacks emulator program here
- Once it has installed, you’ll need to log in to your Mac App Store account to link it to Bluestacks.
- Search for the TikTok app in the Mac App Store; once you find it, download and install it.
- You should now be able to find TikTok on your Mac; go ahead and open it up, and you’re all set!
It is worth noting that many users have experienced less-than-ideal performance when running TikTok on their Mac through the Bluestacks program. This doesn’t mean that it won’t work for you, just that you’ll need to be ready for less reliability than you can expect when using a Windows computer.
Whether you’re already a TikTok user looking to upgrade your experience or you’re someone new to what has become the most popular music-themed social media sharing app in the world right now, you can easily use the Bluestacks Android emulator program to learn how to use TikTok on PC. Harness the power of your PC to get the fastest performance possible. Once you have things going and have a few video creations under your belt, you’ll definitely want to check out BeeCut to start editing your videos. It’s one of the best, most powerful, and feature-packed free video-editing suites out there. Go ahead, build your fan base and become a TikTok sensation today!