18 - Twitter
Official Twitter client for Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, optimized for touch-supported devices, featuring a clean and intuitive interface.
Twitter for Windows 10/8.1 is a handy and effective utility that comes in handy for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 users who need to send tweets and get real-time Twitter notifications without using a browser. With the help of this program, you are able to manage your account and send messages effortlessly.
The application only runs in full screen, so if you are performing other activities or working with other programs, you will have to switch back and forth between Twitter for Windows 8 and your desktop
Twitter client optimized for touch-supported devices
Once you launch Twitter, you are required to insert your user credentials. It also enables you to reset the password by redirecting you to a specific page using the default web browser, as well as create a new Twitter account. After that, you can allow the application to run in the background so you can view all the notifications on the lock screen.
The main app window displays all the available tweets and helps you get videos, conversations, pictures, and ideas in your timeline. You can also write your own tweets and display them in real-time. What’s more, you can upload a personal picture from your library or uploaded it from your camera and set your network localization.
Send tweets, view messages, and more
Also, you can click on a specific tweet and emphasize it. This way, you can reply to it or simply delete it from your feeds. The search field allows you to browse for specific notifications and friends with ease. Simply input the word and you will view recommended pages within seconds. You can follow various pages, access friends’ pages, send them messages and view all their available pictures.
All things considered, Twitter for Windows 10/8.1 is a practical and useful application that comes in handy for users who need to receive the latest Twitter notifications to their computer without using a web browser.
What's new in Twitter for Windows 10/8 18.104.22.168:
- DM Search: There have been a number of improvements made to DM search, allowing you to search across all conversations instead of ones you’ve recently viewed. Read more here.
- Fleets: You can now navigate across Fleet threads in the Fleet viewer screen. Whenever you view a Fleet that’s part of a larger thread, you’ll have access to the whole thread. We’ve also enabled the ability to navigate to embedded entities like Tweets, and the reporting flow for Fleets.
- Spaces: You can now listen to Spaces on Twitter.com! Start listening by hopping in from the Spaces shared in Tweets. See more here.
- Topics: The Topics to follow sidebar is now available for everyone. This will give you more visibility into Topics you may be interested in.
- Verification: We’re relaunching the ability to request verification on Twitter.com! Look for the new flow from within the “Settings and privacy” and “Your account” menus. You can read more about the relaunch and process here.
- Accessibility: Improved the structure of the keyboard shortcuts menu so that it’s more easily understood by screen readers.
- DMs: We’ve made improvements to how we handle DM search terms that are empty and improved the alt-text for the close search button.
- DMs: The DM search results will now properly paginate instead of returning a maximum number of results.
- Fleets: Interstitials will now playback instead of pausing all playback.
- Internationalization: Resolved inconsistencies in translations when using “Tweet” as either a noun or a verb.
- Push Notifications: Improved the handling of navigation for certain push notifications.
- Search: Your most recent saved searches will now be listed at the top instead of the bottom, preventing needing to scroll to see them.
- Tweets: Updated social context styling for unsent Tweets to match what will ultimately be rendered in timelines.
- Video: We’ve added keyboard shortcut controls for video playback. Use space to play/pause when the scrubber has focus, “k” to play/pause anywhere when the video has focus, and “m” to mute/unmute anywhere when the video has focus.
- Accessibility: The “Clear all” button for recent searches should now be properly selectable with the voiceover turned on.
- Accessibility: Focus navigation across the DM search bar will no longer automatically display recent searches, and you’ll instead be able to navigate through your DM conversations properly.
- Accessibility: Navigating across pages in the Quick Promote flow with a screen reader will cause focus to reset to the buttons at the top of the flow instead of the closest element.
- Accessibility: Icons without an explicit label will now be properly hidden.
- DMs: Fixed flickering issues when navigating between DM search results and the conversation inbox.
- DMs: Pull-to-refresh will now properly require the provided search.
- DMs: Hitting return in the DM composer on iOS will no longer send the message and will properly add a line break.
- DMs: Fixed issues with the DM composer expanding before the text has actually reached the end.
- Lists: The error screen will no longer flash if data is taking a bit longer to load.
- Quick Promote: Swapping your selected gender via the radio buttons will no longer leave your selection empty.
- Topics: The Topics to Follow sidebar will no longer display when empty or when in an error state.
- Tweets: Fixed instances where removing your like from a Tweet wouldn’t decrement the count immediately.